Every year, as we approach the end of the year, we put together a list of our favourites – this list consists of books read throughout the year, so may be published previously. Throughout the rest of 2020, we will add to this list, which will help you pick Christmas presents and (hopefully) great books for yourself to read.
2020 has been a funny year – with lockdown, publication of many books was postponed – so while we may have missed on out some titles early, we got to catch up on our ‘to be read’ pile. It was lovely to see so many people get back into reading again and it was a pleasure to help them pick books to guide them though the lockdown and beyond…
Remember, what 1 person likes, another may not like, but you will get a sense from this list whether it they fall into your genre or not. Either way, we can guarantee one thing: all the books below are very, very good books to read, or try (in no particular order):.
1. Hamnet: Maggie O’Farrell
2. Girl, Woman, Other: Bernardine Evaristo
3. Kiley Reid: Such a Fun Age
5. Elizabeth Wetmore: Valentine
6. Elizabeth Strout: Olive, Again
7. Jeanine Cummins: American Dirt
8. Margaret Atwood: The Testaments
9. Strange Flowers: Donal Ryan
1. There, There: Tommy Orange
2. Colson Whitehead: The Nickel Boys
3. Tayari Jones: Silver Sparrow
5. Steph Cha: Your House Will Pay
6. Rosamund Lupton: Three Hours
7. Romy Hauusman: Dear Child
1. Lisa Williamson: Paper Avalanche (teen)
2. Sarah Crossan: Toffee (teen)
3. MG Leonard & Sam Sedgman: The Highland Falcon Thief (9+.) Book 2: Kidnap on the California Comet is out now
5. Carlie Sorosiak: I, Cosmo
6. Jakob Wegelius: Murderer’s Ape
7. Jacqui Hurley: Girls Play Too
All titles can be purchased through us either in our shop or via our online shop.